Recently honored with ‘Best Action-Adventure Game’ at The Game Awards 2016, Dishonored 2 has been praised by IGN as “amazing” and “a superb sequel”, declared a “masterpiece” by Eurogamer, and hailed “a must-play revenge tale among the best in its class” by Game Informer.
This first free update will be released on Monday, 19th December and allows players to create a custom combination of multiple powers. Unlocked once the game has been completed as either Emily or Corvo, New Game Plus offers this option by starting again as either character with access to each hero’s full suite of abilities plus all the Bonecharm Traits and Runes collected from the previous playthrough. Players assign the powers they want.
Here’s what’s been included in the update;
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
The new update improves Dishonored 2 replayability and those who like it, prepare for more.
Even more options to customize playing experience will arrive in January with the game’s second free update that will include two new features: Mission Select and additional Custom Difficulty Settings to further tailor playstyle and adjust the challenge based on a wide array of settings.
More details about the next update will be released over the next few weeks.