Available immediately in 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, the MP500 range delivers blistering performance up to five times faster than traditional SATA 6Gbps SSDs, offering users the next step in high-performance storage in an ultra-compact form factor.
Looking under the hood, the new drives come equipped with a Phison PS5007-E7 NVMe controller and high-bandwidth PCIe Gen. 3 x4 M.2 2280 interface, allowing the MP500 range of drives to put data in the fast lane. Delivering phenomenal data performance including read speeds of up to 3,000 MB/s and write speeds of up 2,400 MB/s, the MP500 range of SSD accelerate system boots, game load times and file transfers beyond anything possible over a single SATA 6Gbps connection.
The ultra-compact M.2 2280 form factor allows the MP500 range to deliver its phenomenal performance in smaller form factors than any previous CORSAIR SSD. With no data or power cables required, an MP500 SSD can be fitted right onto the motherboard or installed into compact laptops and small form factor systems where space is key.
The Force Series MP500 range isn’t just small and fast, it’s committed to data integrity and reliability. Proprietary SmartECC, SmartRefresh and SmartFlush technologies safeguard data against corruption in case of unexpected power loss or unsafe shutdown, while static and dynamic wear-leveling enhance drive reliability. The entire MP500 range is also fully compatible with CORSAIR SSD Tool box, allowing users to monitor many aspects of their drives health or to securely wipe and clear the drive with ease.
Backed by a comprehensive three-year warranty, the CORSAIR Force Series MP500 range delivers all the simplicity and reliability enthusiasts demand, in an ultra-compact, high-performance package.
For the tech heads out there, here are the specifications;
- NVMe PCI Express Gen. 3 x4 interface provides up to a 5x performance improvement over SATA SSDs, allowing you to access all your data with blazing speed.
- M.2 2280 industry standard compact form factor.
- Available in various storage capacities including 120GB, 240GB and 480GB.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, with no special driver or administrative rights required.
- Enhanced error correction improves data retention.
- Toughened contact surface material gives better contact to the motherboard and provides vibration resistance.
- Static and dynamic wear-leveling extends the life of the disk SSD.
- Advanced garbage collection support provides extended drive management tasks.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox for advanced functionality.
- Extensive 3-year warranty.
As mentioned, these drives are available as of now from authorized retailers and distributors, as well as direct from the Corsair webstore. A visit to the store shows current prices of $109.99 for the 120GB version, $169.99 for 240GB and $324.99 for the largest capacity, 480GB.
However, they were all out of stock. To help gamers on their great treasure hunt, here are the product SKU’s;
Last modified on 13/12/2016