The First Person Shooter (FPS) that puts players in the boots of a Warhammer Space Marine is getting new features and a richer multiplayer mode, and its all free for PC gamers.
Space Hulk: Deathwing – Enhanced Edition is based on Games Workshop’s cult classic board game set in Warhammer 40,000 universe. Expanding upon the original game, and featuring a host of new content, new features and a richer multiplayer mode, the Enhanced Edition allows gamers to play as a Terminator of the Deathwing, the feared 1st Company comprised of the elite of the secretive Space Marine Chapter, the Dark Angels.
In this role gamers engage in a desperate battle against Genestealers, within the claustrophobic confines of a Space Hulk. Grow stronger, gaining skills, new abilities, and powerful equipment as experience is earned across missions described as ‘perilous ‘. The Enhanced Edition brings a host of fresh features to enjoy in both solo and multiplayer: a new class, an expanded arsenal, deadly new enemies and a deep online customization system.
- Class Customization – deep progression system lets players unlock armor and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.
- Chaplain Class – the Chaplain brings a host of abilities to increase the squad’s survivability, and is more than capable of killing hordes of Xenos in melee combat.
- New Weapons – more melee and ranged weapons give players even more options to load out their squad in battle.
- New Enemy Types – new, unique Genestealer types offer greater challenge to those who dare enter the depths of the Space Hulk.
- Special Missions – randomized objectives and enemy spawns bring a new level of replayability.
In these days of ‘play game-open wallet’, gamers will be pleased to learn, all aspects of Class Customization are earned entirely in-game, with no microtransactions. In fact, several of the above features have already been made freely available on PC, as part of the game’s ongoing support.
Space Hulk: Deathwing – Enhanced Edition arrives on May 22, with all Enhanced Edition content free for owners of the game on PC.