Whether its delivering cargo or managing cities, clocking into a gamers virtual job after finishing a real one that pays the bills is a firm trend in the PC world. A new trailer touts the opportunity of being everyone’s favorite ‘shop on the corner’.
Admittedly, being a PC game ‘Shoppe Keep 2‘ throws in some challenges not found at the local grocery store.
On April 26, 2018, players will be able to dive into the unique world of Shoppe Keep 2, in which they must create, grow, and manage their own fantasy business. Though it sounds straightforward, keeping warriors, rogues, and wizards happy is no easy task. Strategically setting prices, shrewdly ordering stock, exploring vast lands, battling creatures, leisurely fishing, managing the town’s wealth, playing dress up, and even paying taxes-it’s all in a day’s work.
Shoppe Keep 2 will be available in Early Access on Steam at a price of £9.99/$12.99. The whimsical open world settings enjoy a rolling countryside packed full of quaint little houses, six-foot spiders, voracious wolves, angry mobs and, of course, your new Shoppe.
Coming in single player and multiplayer varieties, the title’s developer Strangefire points to NPCs found in classic RPGs and MMOs as their inspiration for this enhanced merchant simulator. While adventurers and rogues are out slaying dangerous beasts and selling an alarming amount of stolen plates, cheese and bread, it’s the gamer, a trusty merchant who is keeping their shelves stocked.
- Run your very own adventurer’s Shoppe, selling potions, weapons and armor. Grow your fantasy enterprise from a single room to a two-floor mega Shoppe
- Explore the open village, forest, and distant lands to procure rare resources
- Equip yourself with bows, swords, and staffs and battle deadly creatures, barbarian invaders, and thieves
- Play the entire game alone or in 2-4 player online co-op
- An adaptable economy that changes with the online community. For example if you sell too many health potions, the market will become saturated!
- Employ helper bots to automate your Shoppe
- Craft with various ingredients to procure new products
- Take on forest dwellers and pick up some sweet loot
- Sell epic dragon armor, or equip it-all items in the game have their own stats and can be equipped by the player, who may find them invaluable in combat
This Early Access release is described as ‘a vast, deep game’ with ‘Shoppe Keep 2 Digital Deluxe Edition’ launching alongside the standard version of the game on Steam on April 26 for $17.92. Shoppe Keep 2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
- Shoppe Keep 2 Game
- Shoppe Keep 2 Digital PDF Art Book – Come along for the journey as the artists at Strangefire take you from the conceptual stages to final art assets.
- Shoppe Keep 2 Digital OST – Take the weird and wonderful world of Customerania with you, as you listen to Shoppe Keep 2’s official soundtrack.
Both Shoppe Keep 2 and its Digital Deluxe Edition are Early Access titles. As the game progresses and updates throughout Early Access, new tracks will be added to the soundtrack, and new chapters added to the art book at no additional cost to Digital Deluxe Edition owners.